Monday, July 28, 2008

Christmas in July!

Addicted Scrappers just had a "Christmas in July" crop this weekend! What a fun idea to get a head start on some of those Christmas cards and projects that always sneak up on us at the last minute! Too bad I was gone and missed it! If you didn't get a chance to stop over there, go check out their projects anyways. Lots of fun inspiration!

And here are a few of my own Christmas themed projects and inspirations!

My inspiration for the first one comes from none other than a shopping bag! (who said shopping isn't good for you?!!) The logo on the side of the Old Navy bag grabbed my attention because I loved the stripes behind it and how the letters reflected the color behind them.










I created the same look on this Christmas card by layering strips of patterned paper from an Addicted Scrappers kit, then getting out some old stencils and cutting them out of the white cardstock. When I layed it over the top of the patterned paper, I had a unique see-thru title!
















My second card inspiration comes from none other than a Christmas card that I had received! I mean... really... when the holidays are over, what do you do with all those old Christmas cards?? USE THEM FOR SCRAPBOOK INSPIRATION OF COURSE!!

I loved the cool design with drawn-on buttons on it. I also liked the unique way it was folded. Its a bit hard to see, but the front cover is actually cut down the middle and around the right side of the tree. That is all that makes up the front cover. The right side of the card is actually the inside of the card showing.




















I created a Valentine/love card using a heart instead of the Christmas tree and used real buttons to cover the heart with and folded it the same way, cutting out the outside edge of the heart on the front cover. The front cover says "Love is" and the inside cover on the bottom right side says "The Greatest Gift."



















Here is the inside of the card to better show how the front cover is cut down the middle and around the heart. When closed it says "Love Is the Greatest Gift." When open it says "You Are the Greatest Gift."



Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Michon said...

What adorable cards! These rawk Amber!