Tuesday, October 16, 2012

First Digi Layout

As you can see from my last post, its been awhile.... a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG while since I have had a chance to scrapbook.

I looked back at my last post and smiled... It was pictures of an adoption album I created to send to Korea about our family.  Who would have thought that now, almost 2 years later, I would be snuggling with our adorable 2 year old daughter and scrapbooking about her first Halloween last year.  Time flies and needless to say, our adoption journey as well as chasing after a toddler has put scrapbooking on the back burner.

Fast forward to this month.  While pinning layout inspiration on Pinterest, I noticed a lot of layouts I loved were actually digital.  Maybe it was time for a change.  Maybe I needed to shake things up and find my mojo again. 

So I dove headfirst into creating my very first digi layout.

I have to admit I was intimidated at first using Photoshop Elements, but after watching a few tutorials and finding some free templates to help me along, I finally completed my very first digital layout. (I have a lot more learning to do, but it felt so good to complete something!)

And guess what?  I LOVE IT!  All the creativity and none of the mess!  (LOL!  Although I think I will have to touch some of my papers and embellishments from time to time just to feel the textures!)

So here it is....  "Trick or Treat"
I used a cool template from Shabby Princess and entered their October Template Challenge.
It was created mostly from free kits in her Shabby Shoppe!

Hopefully this will be the beginning of a new chapter!

No comments: