Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bell Ringing Boys


My boys were both in my cousin's wedding this weekend. They were bellringers and rang the bells to announce the entrance of the bride. It was so cute! Carson (5 years old) had been talking about it for weeks. Since I was playing for the wedding and my husband was singing, we could not be in the back of the church to coax them down the aisle. To make it worse, we found out 10 minutes before the wedding started that Kolby had fallen asleep on my Dad... I'm talking the mostly-unconscious- drooling-all-over-grandpa's- shoulder-nothing-is-going-to-wake-me- up kind of a sleep. Oh boy. I thought that was it. I figured Carson would be the only one coming down the aisle, but miraculously my incredible sister-in-law Jill and my Mom managed to wake him up, get a bell in his hand and send him down the aisle! It was so precious. There were my two boys holding hands, ringing bells and looking more beautiful than anything! They were so cute in their matching outfits with red ties and black vests. It is a sight I will never forget!

Now Kolby held it together until the very end of the aisle. Carson walked up next to the other groomsmen and Kolby stood at the end of the aisle with a look of horror on his face and let out a wail of "Mmmmoooooommmmyy"! Then saw me by the piano, started crying and came running to me. Even that was cute! My Mom rescued him though and all was well!! Great wedding. Great memories!

No comments: