Friday, July 20, 2007

Cool Stamp Tip

If you're anything like me, you forget about what stamps you actually have because they are tucked away in a drawer somewhere. Its usually AFTER I've completed a card or layout that I remember the perfect stamp that I COULD have used if I'd have remembered it!

So... I thought of a cool idea...

Create a reference sheet of all your stamps! Just take your wood-mounted ones and lay them wood side down (where it shows the design) on a flatbed scanner... fit as many as you can on your scanner and then scan and print out a reference sheet. For clear acrylic stamps, either copy or scan the piece of paper that they are usually mounted on that shows the design. You can also just stamp all of your stamps onto a card or paper, but this seems to take a lot longer than just scanning them.

Now the next time you are scrapping or crafting, you can pull out your reference card(s) and see what stamps you actually own!!

No comments: