Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Butterfly "Ad-Spiration" #1





















This month's ad-spiration comes from CLOTHING! Isn't it amazing how much we spend on clothes... and behind each clothing line is a famous designer somewhere! So why not take some inspiration from the clothes we wear or see! Let's put all those designers to good use in our scrapbooking!

Teaching elementary music, I see a lot of fun shirts and outfits come through my classroom. I've been known to sketch designs on post-it notes during class! This time, I just rounded up the school camera and actually took a picture of my inspiration! This is a shirt one of my student's was wearing earlier this week...

I loved the way the butterflies went across the shirt, and the soft swirly design underneath. I duplicated that look on a doorhanger I made for my girlfriend's birthday (I'm sending her a gift full of pampering items). I used a scrolly rub-on, then cut out butterflies out of patterned paper and bent the wings up when I attached them to the page to give them dimension.

Next time you go shopping, look twice at the designs, colors and patterns in the clothes around you. You may be surprised what you may find to use as inspiration on your next scrapbook project!

No comments: