Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Butterfly "Ad-Spiration" #2








Here was another butterfly themed ad-spiration I got from clothing! Just can't get enough of those graphic tees out there right now! Seems like every time I turn around, I see a GREAT design! I need to just go shopping with a sketch book!!


This month, one of my student's T-shirts had a butterfly on it written over and over with the words "butterfly kisses." I loved the butterfly, but I loved the words even more! It was such a great design element!


I took the idea of the printed words and created two cards. Both were inspired by the T-shirt's design. The first card was a butterfly birthday card. I cut out the butterfly out of patterned paper (from this month's Flutter kit!) and then took a stamp and stamped over the top of it. This recreated the look of the T-shirt.


The second card was a mother's day card. I again stamped words, but this time onto transparency and laid the transparency over a Jenni Bowlin journaling flower. It created an entirely different effect!


Thanks for looking! And be sure to look twice at all the T-shirts out there for your next inspiration!


No comments: