Saturday, June 28, 2008

Card Inspiration is EVERYWHERE!!

So... have you seen the new challenge blog called "I Inspire Me" yet? It is such a fun place to go for inspiration.... inspiration all around you. The blog says:
Yep, I inspire me!
And YOU INSPIRE YOU!! Look around you. Your home. Your couch. Your colors. All your tastes are already there. In your clothing, jewelry, dishes, displays. This is a scrapbook challenge where YOU are your own inspiration.
I love this new blog and have already been doing just that the last few months. Getting inspiration from all around me! I created some fun cards this past year inspired by things I've seen around my house.

My first card was inspired by scrapbook packaging! I found a package of "Imaginesce" brand brads with a great logo of overlapping circles and it provided me a perfect inspiration for my card! I used clear colored buttons to recreate the overlapping circle shape and create a flower on the card! It was fun!

































Another card I did this year was inspired from the cover of a set of Bibles. I noticed that the design was perfect for a card! The spine on this Bible set had a pattern on top, a solid on bottom, and a line with a square element dividing them. How perfect! I used a kit from Addicted Scrappers to recreate the design with patterned paper, cardstock, ribbon and the chipboard embellishments! It worked perfectly!







































So the next time you've lost your mojo... just look around. You might be surprised at what you find!

4 comments:

Laura S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura S. said...

great post...love your ideas and projects.

bruinbr said...

love the reminder that YES, we can find inspiration everywhere! :) very cool ideas!

Christine said...

Beautiful cards - you rocked the inspiration!